Possible DNS issue in Debian/Lenny?

I'm having a rather annoying problem. It seems when I try to navigate to www.facebook.com, in either Iceweasel or Epiphany, the browser will sometimes hang for upwards of 30 seconds, until it finally navigates to the site. After this delay, I can surf the site for maybe a minute or so before it hangs again. This problem only occurs in Debian/Lenny, because I attempted surfing in Vista with no problems whatsoever. Has anyone had any issues like this? I thought maybe avahi could've been causing it but I tried disabling the daemon and the problem still remains. Any help would be appreciated!