Re: laptop does not resume after suspend

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:54:05 +0000
"Vladimir Komendantsky" <komendantsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some days ago, following a normal package update, I noticed that my Dell
> Inspiron 1525 laptop doesn't resume after suspend any more. Now the only way
> to quit the suspended state is to switch the laptop off by pressing the
> power button. In fact I have no clear idea what package can cause this bug
> to file a proper bug report. I updated acpid and kernel-image to
> acpid_1.0.6-16_amd64.deb and linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64_2.6.26-10_amd64.deb
> respectively. Has anyone noticed anything similar to my problem? What causes
> this?
>
> Thanks for help, in advance...

Do you have an nvidia card in there by any chance? If so, are you using the
debian version of the non-free nvidia driver?

The versions look to be ok, but it is a problem with my machine, although
custom 2.6.28-rc6 and nvidia 180.08 driver