Re: Shorewall with Debian

	 On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:58:38 -0800 (PST)
		 Phillipus Gunawan <mr_phillipus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> And yes, I did read the 'two-interfaces' and 'three-interfaces' examples
> This is why I post my questions, because I still can't make it work.... :(
>
> Cheers

As some other posters pointed out I think the problem may very well be
'routing' and not necessarily just the firewall. My message indicated to read
through _all_ the docs not just those two 'related' topics. For instance this
doc is really helpful :
/usr/share/doc/shorewall-doc/html/Shorewall_and_Routing.html
specifically point #2:
Once routing determines where the packet is to go, the firewall (Shorewall)
determines if the packet is allowed to go there.

one way to see if shorewall is the problem is to turn it off, and test
also another good reference is this:
from this page:
/usr/share/doc/shorewall-doc/html/GettingStarted.html
this link:
Shorewall Configurations (making a test configuration)
/usr/share/doc/shorewall-doc/html/configuration_file_basics.htm#Levels

you seem to be getting closer to a solution! and that's a good thing. ;-)

--
please also see this link: