Re: Colored less

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Rob Gom <rgom.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Switch to using view (basically a read-only vim) :)
>>
>> /M
>>
> Thanks for the suggestion. Invoking vim would trigger reading whole
> file to memory. I expected the same for view, but for 1,5GB it started
> very fast.
> However I don't see two things:
> 1. Automatic file update (when it's changed).

I'm not sure exactly how it can be done automatically.  I didn't even
know less could.  Anyway, the command in vim to reread the open file
is ':e!'.

> 2. Easy way to colorify lines based on regexp.

You'll probably have to read up on how to add colour to vim.  I'm sure
your favourite search engine can help you out:
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=vim+coloring :-)

/M