SATA CD/DVD recording fails on Etch - MSI K8MM-V

Hi everybody, after trying for a couple of weeks, I decided to ask you about this. The installer recognizes perfectly (I guess) all drives and the installation works fine, no errors, everything ok. I can read perfectly any CD or DVD, but when I try to record, kaput. The records process starts ok, but somwhere in the middle it crashes and K3b shows me the error once the recording is done, and I end up whit corrupted files.
The recording speed is also very slow.

I've been searching the web and found a driver on viaarena.com but it doesn't work with my kernel.

The chipset is VIA K8M800-CE + VT8237R.