Re: Q: List Policy

Bob Cox <debian-user@lists.bobcox.com>:
>  On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 01:05:36 -0600, Ron Johnson (ron.l.johnson@cox.net) wrote:
>
> > On 11/16/08 00:38, Celejar wrote:

> >> Do you mean that MUAs don't allow the sender to set a custom Reply-to?
> >> Sylpheed does.
> >
> > As does Mutt, and probably Evolution.  But not Tbird, and certainly not
> > gmail.  Don't know about KMail.
>
>  I'm not sure if this is relevant to this discussion, but using mutt in
>  its "lists friendly mode", i.e. by using, by default, "L" to post to a
>  list, there is no "Reply-To:" header added, but rather a
>  "Mail-Followup-To:" one instead.  How universally this is honoured by
>  other email clients is another matter, of course.

"L" doesn't control what others do with your reply to the list.  mutt
has no control over that, as you point out.  It does control what your
choice to reply does.

We could be done with this entire discussion if we'd just recommend
subscribers use slrn and read the list in nntp://[mumble]/lists.debian.user

You *can* reply to sender in slrn, but that's not the default
behaviour.

   :-)