Re: Icedove and Iceweasel defaults {KDE}

On Saturday 15 November 2008, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote about 'Re:
Icedove and Iceweasel defaults {KDE}':
>* Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@volumehost.net> [2008 Nov 15 18:49 -0600]:
>> On Saturday 15 November 2008, Johannes <johannes121@gmx.de> wrote
>>
>> about 'Re: Icedove and Iceweasel defaults {KDE}':
>> >debian's default desktop is gome, so the default config is gnomish.
>>
>> Debian doesn't have a default desktop.
>
>Has this changed for Lenny?  With Etch one needed an additional kernel
>boot option or a different ISO image, as I recall, to install KDE,
>otherwise GNOME was installed "by default".

All my etch installs with d-i [1][2] have prompted me to install packages
other than "standard" priority.

[1] Except for the ones from the official KDE CD image which installed KDE
by default.

[2] This doesn't include debootstrapping, either from a LiveCD or another
Linux distro, which is actually my preferred method.

Based on http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070408, Gnome is the default
desktop for Etch, but I've never had it installed for me without
prompting.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))