Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:18:26 +0200
"Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a template where you can fill in your favourites; feel free to
> add missing categories. Please don't add what you haven't really used
> (like I used to). More than piece can be given per category. Oh, and
> there's a couple of nice editions to last year's categories:

 audio player:

 cd-ripper: grip

 desktop OR window manager: ion3

 DBMS: mysql

 development: emacs

 disc burner: cdrecord, k3b

 e-mail client: claws-mail

 file manager: ls, thunar

 finance:

 ftp client: ftp, gftp-text

 games: ksirtet when I used yet kde

 image editor: gimp

 image viewer: display

 instant messenger: psi/skype

 mathematics:

 misc utilities:

 p2p: deluge

 package manager: apt, aptitude, dpkg

 pdf-reader: epdfview

 spreadsheet: gnumeric

 tag editor:

 terminal emulator: urxvt

 text editor: emacs

 video player: mplayer

 web browser: firefox

 word-processor: abiword or openoffice.org

 non-free:

 SPECIAL CATEGORIES

 anything unreleased and highly anticipated:

 anything FLOSS deserving great honours (EG. Linux, GCC): Postfix

 any organisation/community deserving great honours (EG. GNU, Debian):
 Debian

 any FLOSS developer deserving great honours (max 5 at most, unless
 you insist): Wietse Venema