Re: Need suggestions for internet messenger app

Dennis Wicks wrote:
> H.S. wrote the following on 11/12/2008 11:17 PM:
>> Dennis Wicks wrote:
>>> Greetings;
>>>
>>> I have installed Ayttm and Pidgin and both work OK except they don't
>>> support microphone/speaker or webcam.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of messenger/chat programs that do? Also
>>> need to work on Yahoo network.
>>>
>>> I'm running lenny/gnome.
>>>
>>> Many TIA!
>>>
>>> Dennis
>>>

> Thanks for the suggestions, but the really important thing is *webcam*.
> Grandma has to be able to see those grandkids
> grow! ;)

hmm ... I haven't tried it but it looks like one of the forks or a new
version of pidgin supports webcams on Yahoo messenger. I have read
somewhere that kopete messenger also supports that.

Skype supports webcam out of the box IIRC.

And if I am not mistaken, so does Ekiga.

Sorry, cannot conform this since I do not use a webcam.

Good luck.

> I guess I'll have to resort to running VBox and Windows, if that will work.
>
> TNX again!
> Dennis

ever having been read.