Re: /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster failed

Hi,

2008/11/8 Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net>:

>> W [08/Nov/2008:09:50:48 -0200] [Job 436] This document does not
>> conform to the Adobe Document Structuring Conventions and may not
>> print correctly!
>
> This may indicate your file is bad.  Which application are you printing
> from?

I try to print from Iceweasel (cups admin web page) and if I sent a
job from gedit and openoffice I got another error message on cups web
page admin:

Stylus-Color-740---CUPS+Gutenprint-v5.0.2 "Gutemprint read to print..."

after a few seconds,

Stylus-Color-740---CUPS+Gutenprint-v5.0.2 "Parallel port busy; will
retry in 30 seconds..."

and do not go a head.

My printer is USB, not parallel!

I already have changed the DeviceURI epson:/dev/usb/lp0 to DeviceURI
usb:/dev/usb/lp0 in /etc/cups/printers.conf, but, after a few seconds,
or may be when I sent a job to print, it was changed to DeviceURI
epson:/dev/usb/lp0 again, by a ghots, I suppose, because this one was
automatically!

>> (/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster) stopped with status 1!
>
> The pstoraster filter (ghostscript) crashed while processing the file.
> If you print to a file instead of the printer, could you attach the
> file to your reply so we can see what the cause is.

Please, in the past message I include the attachement in line (I think
it is so big to), so now I upload it to a server. Please, let me now
if you have problems to see it or if you prefer it in line.

cups_error_log:

http://www.divshare.com/download/5770389-874

test_gedit.ps:

http://www.divshare.com/download/5770390-420

test_iceweasel.ps:

http://www.divshare.com/download/5770391-cee

test_openoffice.ps:

http://www.divshare.com/download/5770392-1f3

> BTW, could you have sure the "ghostscript" package is installed.

marcelo@laia:~$ dpkg -l ghostscript
ii  ghostscript    8.62.dfsg.1-3. The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF interpret

marcelo@laia:~$ dpkg -l gsfonts
ii  gsfonts        1:8.11+urwcyr1 Fonts for the Ghostscript interpreter(s)

marcelo@laia:~$ dpkg -l gsfonts-other
ii  gsfonts-other  6.0-3.2        Additional fonts for the ghostscript interpr
marcelo@laia:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart
Restarting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd.
marcelo@laia:~$

> Thanks,
> Roger

Thank you very much