Re: Very slow bind 9

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:27:00 +0100
"Jesus arteche" <chechu.linux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the help...but Julian...It's not clear to me...Where i
> should add the zone....i added to nameb.conf.local  this:
>
> zone "." IN{
>        type slave;
>        file "/etc/bind/db.root";
>        masters { 62.42.230.24 <http://58.6.115.46/>; };
>        allow-transfer { any; };
>        notify no;
> };
>
> where 62.42.230.24 is the DNS of my ISP...
>
> but this no work...Dns server not resolve ... what an i doing wrong?

See man named.conf:

MASTERS
           masters string [ port integer ] {
                ( masters | ipv4_address [port integer] |
                ipv6_address [port integer] ) [ key string ]; ...
           };

You've given an URL in the specification of a master server, and named
tries to interpret the URL as a port specification. If you really do
need to specify the http port for this, try 80 (see /etc/services).

But try without specifying a port first:

zone "." IN {
       type slave;
       file "/etc/bind/db.root";
       masters { 62.42.230.24; };
       allow-transfer { any; };
       notify no;
};

For better understanding, if you
read /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/DNS-HOWTO.gz, line 1498: "A slave is
simply a nameserver that copies zone files from a master." This is
useful for creating backup servers, but is setting a backup server for
your ISP what you want to do?

GH