Problem with file perms

Hi, all.

Here is the deal. I tried to restart syslogd after a minor change in the configuration file and for some reason the log daemon won't start anymore. The initialization messages  show that there's something wrong with two files: klogd.pid and syslogd.pid. Executing "ls -l" inside /var/run I get:

?--------- ? ?     ?         ?                  ? syslogd.pid
drwxr-xr-x 2 root  root   4096   Jul   10   00:07  sshd
(and so on)

I can't  write, remove or do anything with these archives. As you can see, if I exec "ls" they are listed, but if I exec "vim /var/run", these files are not there.

Can anyone point me in the rigth direction?