Re: unable to play some flash videos

On 09/25/08 11:38, Stackpole, Chris wrote:
[snip]

Same error message from that site. I am running Debian Lenny (fully
updated) with the actual flash plugin from Adobe's site installed
through iceweasle. Heh, it's kinda funny that they don't seem to notice
their own plugin...

With IW 3.0.1, I get as far as the "Shimmering Peacock", but that's about it.

Frankly, I have not had much luck with tv websites that stream their
online content. Everything pretty much sucks. From Mythbusters episodes
on Discovery's website to that Hulu website. I can't seem to get them to
work right.

You're right. Mythbusters wants to install a proprietary move player to view full episodes.

Short videos, though, are Flash, and they work fine.

As for suggestions...What about building a MythTV box to capture the
episodes as they air? That is what I do. And should the recording fail
for some reason (#*&!%^ Charter!) there is a famous bay for torrents
that does a really good job. ;-)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA