Re: cmake and Scribus 1.3.5 on Debian testing

On 09/23/08 14:08, John Culleton wrote:
I just installed Debian testing for the specific purpose of building the bleeding edge version of Scribus. Scribus 1.3.5 requires cmake. I downloaded build-essential, qt4 and cmake. Ran svn to get Scirbus 1.3.5. When I try to run cmake I get this error:
 Qt4 Found OK
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:52 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find ZLIB
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/FindZLIB.cmake:47 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:428 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I ran apt-cache search zlib and variations thereof but no joy so far. I need to download something but I don't know what.

$ apt-cache search zlib | grep ^zlib | sort
zlib-bin - compression library - sample programs
zlib-gst - Zlib bindings for GNU Smalltalk
zlib1g - compression library - runtime
zlib1g-dbg - compression library - development
zlib1g-dev - compression library - development
zlibc - An on-fly auto-uncompressing C library

You probably need to install zlib1g-dev.

I am a noob in Debian but have a decade or so using Slackware.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson