Re: A simple question about the "Security Advisories"

[Please don't post in HTML]
On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:31:10AM +0800, RobinShi@viatech.com.cn wrote:

> Hello,
>      I am new bee to Debian.

Welcome.

> I notice the "Security Advisories" on the main page of Debian.
>
> Is there an auto-update tool in the debian system
> which can auto update software and auto fix some

I contest that an unattended auto-update is a security risk in itself,
in fact take a look at the Description of cron-apt:

"Observe that this tool may be a security risk, so you should not set it
to do more than necessary. Automatic upgrade of all packages is NOT
recommended unless you are in full control of the package repository."

> bugs make me needn't to take care about the "Security Advisories"?

Have you this line

deb http://security.debian.org  lenny/updates main contrib

in your "/etc/apt/sources.lst file?

--