Re: Skype64 or SIP alternative?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 03:37:37AM +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote:

> The only deb skype.com has is for i386 and i'm running AMD64.

I have it running on more than one 64-bit system. It is working but
not as well as on my Apple Macbook :(.

Install the ia-32 libraries and then the 32-bit deb with dpkg
--force-architecture...

Another way of doing it is to install a minimal 32-bit system in
Virtualbox-ose and run your Skype and other 32-bit stuff there when
you need it.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one
      of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
      Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but
      contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto
      called, that ye should inherit a blessing."
                                          I Peter 3:8,9