Re: iceweasel 3 font size

May be repeated.  Previous was sent from unsubscribed address.

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 18:38:08 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>> That page looks fine here on IW3 but it still renders fonts too large on
>> some other sites.
>>

> What do you mean by "too large" - "larger than in iceweasel 2",
Larger than FF2 and Konqueror 3.5.9 for sure.  I don't think I've tried
going back to IW2.
> or did
> you really check the absolute font size? Which sites are we talking
> about?

http://compmed.com/index.php  (site I am building still seen as under
construction by public).  I did notice that I am using <h1> tag for this
and I don't specify the font.  I also notice that Konqueror gives me a
sans-serif font while other browsers give me serif, including IE6 on
another machine which doesn't show the size problem.  I'm guessing that
specifying the <h1> will probably make the problem go away but I think
this thread is still worth following.
> Please post the output of these commands:
>
> xdpyinfo | grep 'dimens\|resol'

paul@bliss:~$ xdpyinfo | grep 'dimens\|resol'
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (339x271 millimeters)
  resolution:    96x96 dots per inch

> xrdb -query | grep Xft

paul@bliss:~$ xrdb -query | grep Xft
Xft.hinting:    1
Xft.hintstyle:  hintfull

> grep 'font\.\|css\.dpi' ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/prefs.js
This one may not be accurate.  I'm not sure if this is where the config
info is stored because of a long and varied browser installation
history.  "locate prefs.js" shows a lot  a number of possibilities like
/usr/local/firefox...

paul@bliss:~$ grep 'font\.\|css\.dpi' ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/prefs.js
user_pref("font.minimum-size.x-western", 10);
user_pref("font.size.variable.x-western", 18);
user_pref("webdeveloper.edit.font.size", 12);
user_pref("webdeveloper.generated.content.font.size", 12);

Thanks very much,

Paul