Re: debian/unstable: iceweasel segmentation fault

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 15:11:20 -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
>> Kent West wrote:

[...]

[...]

>> westk@enjae:~$ sudo ldconfig -pNX | grep local
>> westk@enjae:~$ sudo /sbin/ldconfig -pNX | grep local
>> westk@enjae:~$
>>
>> No output.

That looks OK; I was suspecting that you might have an outdated or
otherwise broken non-Debian library in /use/local/lib.

> New clue.
>
> I just discovered that "sudo iceweasel" works.

Maybe this will clear things up, then: Strace iceweasel again as your
normal user, like this:

strace -f iceweasel 2>iceweasel.strace

After it has crashed, grep for "EACCES" in the strace file; that should
tell you which files it cannot access due to permissions problems.

          Florian   |