Re: Lenny

Neil Gunton wrote:

>> to see what driver version supports your card. The names have changed
>> since Etch. For example, the 1.0-8776 driver was the one which supported
>> the MX400 graphics card, but it is now the 96.43.xx driver which
>> supports it - but is not yet in testing.
>
> Thanks - but this is just an AMD64 LAMP server (MySQL, Perl). There is
> no graphic card stuff going on here.

I wouldn't.  There's still plenty of time left for subtle changes that could
break stuff.  Are you aware of backports?  I know there's a mysql backport
for etch.

http://packages.debian.org/etch-backports/
http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

I generally wait until a couple point releases are out to upgrade a server.