Re: Recording TV with Debian

2008/7/2  <coolzone@it.dk>:
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 00:48:10 +0200
> coolzone@it.dk wrote:
>
> Okay, so I figured out how to capture using mencoder, but the quality
> is really bad.
>
> What are you using to capture video?
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have been using GNU/Linux for about ten years and I have always been
>> very happy with it.
>>
>> Today however I wanted to record some old video recordings from my
>> Sony M8 video recorder, and I got my hands on a Pinnacle video card.
>>
>> Now installing tvtime and watching the tapes is very easy and it works
>> perfectly, but recording from the device.. damn..
>>
>> First I tried mythtv, and I am sorry, but that is one bloated piece of
>> shit. I am not setting up my own freaking TV station.
>>
>> All the other packages I tried, either didn't work, or crashed or
>> something else.
>>
>> This sucks big time!
>>
>> Rico.
>>
>> PS.: Yeah I know, this is nothing but complaining, but air was needed!
>>

>> --
>>

> --

Hi Rico,

attached is a bash script I wrote for capturing stuff from the svideo
input. it is set for PAL format as it the format for where I live, I
hope it some help for you.  There is no gui enviroment needed to run
this script.

The script is very ruff and ready atm and still need lots more work on
it to add extra function ability to it.

Hope it some help to you

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net