Re: Getting debian to ignore hdb on bootup

Jonathan Kaye:

> Thanks for the link. Just to be sure I understand, in my /boot/grub/menu.lst
> file I have this:
> kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-1-686 root=/dev/hda1 ro
> I should change this line to
> kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-1-686 root=/dev/hda1 ro hdb=noprobe
>
> Is this the correct place for the boot option?

Generally yes, but when using packaged kernels you should edit the line
beginning with '# kopt' (yes, it's commented out) and run 'update-grub'
afterwards. That way all boot entries are generated automatically with
all the options you defined.

J.
--
If you do not move for long enough, you might see a rat.
[Agree]   [Disagree]