libapache2-mod-rpaf not in Etch

Maybe someone can help me out.
I've setup a loadbalancing cluster using pound and apache2.
For this setup i've chosen the current stable Debian distribution (Etch) because i need the stability / security that comes with it.
Everything is working fine and I'm as always very pleased with Debian.

However, recently i discovered that for the webapplications (that will be running on this setup) to work it is essential to install a package like libapache2-mod-rpaf <http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/libapache2-mod-rpaf>. Which converts X-forwarded-for (originating from pound) into the remote address.
The only thing is, i cannot find this (or any package like it) for Etch.
There is one for Lenny (and even Sarge) but this would badly mix-up my setup:

/apt-get install -t lenny libapache2-mod-rpaf
apache2.2-common libc6 libc6-i686 libssl0.9.8 locales tzdata//
/
It would also be a shame to dist-upgrade into Lenny for an apache2 module of only 8K in size... Also because I'm uncertain of the current state of Lenny and the fact that testing doesn't get security updates.

So i'm hoping that someone recognizes my problem and knows of a proper solution. Maybe there is a libapache2-mod-rpaf .deb someone built which works for Etch? Or maybe there is another approach to the problem which will do equally well?

Thanks in advance for your responce.
Fili