Fwd: /var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size]

'/var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size'

Any suggestions on a workaround woul be appreciated.

What are you seeing in the file /var/log/exim4/paniclog? Far better to
fix the problem than workaround the report.

--
Chris

From what I can see, 'paniclog' is not being written to properly, the last (and only) few entries are from a failed attempt yesterday where I tried to use a CentOS version of my exim.conf file (renamed to exim4.conf). The
'mainlog' and 'rejectlog' files seem to be fine, there are even older
version of those (mainlog.1, etc) and mail is working normally too it's
just some kind of glitch with the 'paniclog' file.

I would suggest stopping exim, removing the panic log and restarting it. Exim will throw this error if the log has > 0 size.

BTW - replies are probably best directed to the list :)

--
Chris