Re: reliable editting of any PDF file

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:19 +0000 Stephen Allen wrote:
> There are Reader permissions to annotate but AFAIR only with the
> latest Acrobat v 1.7, which have to have been enabled by the author
> using the Arobat Pro application. But yes one can annotate with the
> free Reader, if a specific PDF is such enabled.

I just came across Multivalent, which looks like something the OP is
looking for. Haven't tried it though.

http://multivalent.sourceforge.net/

Excerpts from this site:

- Natively view HTML, PDF, TeX DVI, man pages, and other document
  formats
- Annotate in situ on all formats, robustly anchored
- Notemarks

Annotations
   All document formats can be annotated.
   highlight, of different colors
   hyperlink and anchors
   note — editable text in a moveable, resizable window. Notes can
      themselves be annotated.