Re: Bad E-mail setup in office. I need advice

Dawn Light:

> Some incoming messages are "adressed" to the office and some are
> "addressed" to the various architects ( There is only one E-mail
> address). Thus anyone who wishes to read his incoming messages and
> send messages needs to physically go and use the workstation with the
> mail client. This, if you haven't guessed already, it somewhat
> uncomfortable for daily work in the office.

If I were you, I'd take an existing Debian machine and install Dovecot.
It could provide all clients with the mails fetched by fetchmail. You
just need an IMAP capable mail client (even Outlook Express should do,
although I wouldn't recommend it) and then the architects could access
their mail from their own workstations.

If there is a reliable way to recognize which mail is addresses to which
architect, you could even filter the mails using procmail or maildrop so
that each architect has his/her own mailbox.

Then set up your MTA (default: exim, I prefer Postfix) to relay mails
for all your clients and you're done. This is a very common setup,
postfix.org should provide you with some example configurations.

J.
--
It is not in my power to change anything.
[Agree]   [Disagree]