Re: USB pendrive mobility (fat32)?

David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com>:
>  On 2/8/08, s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
>
> > Ick.  Doesn't that mean blowing away ptn4 then three then create
> > extended and ... (logical ...)?  Which I shouldn't really need to do
>
>  Wouldn't it be just simpler to copy off the files in the stick and
>  reformat it to just one primary partition, and then restore
>  everything?

No need to copy it.  All data's on hard drive too.

>  I'm not sure why you'd want multiple partitions on a USB stick
>  anyway.

Really?  Well, considering this experience (this was suggested by a
friend): think of multiple ptns as a security feature.  If the stick
falls into the hands of a script kiddie, he's not going to have the
smarts to wonder why that single primary ptn he can see is empty.  He
won't see 2nd, 3rd, ... ptns because Windows doesn't bother to let him
know they're there.

Secondly, the web doc I'm looking at says to create a 750 Mb fat16 ptn
and cp KNOPPIX and boot/isolinux/* to it.

XP understands ... XP, so fat of some sort for my sneakernet to corp
XP boxes.

I might even tinker with a crypto ptn on this thing.