Re: how can I see version changes using aptitude?

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 06:59:02PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 09:36:27PM +0300, Giorgos Pallas wrote:
> > Kelly Clowers wrote:

> > > Do you want to see the current version number of the packages and the
> > > new version number? You can see that by using aptitude in interactive
> > > mode (invoke "aptitude" instead of "aptitude upgrade").
> > >
> > > If you mean you want to see what changes have been made to the
> > > packages, check out apt-listchanges.
> > OK, apt-listchanges was the answer. Thanks!
>
> FYI: You should also consider apt-listbugs
>
> Why install very buggy package either in command line or interactive
> mode:-)
>
> Osamu

Or you can try to edit your aptitude configurations:

in ~/.aptitude/config

aptitude::CmdLine::Package-Display-Format "%c%a%M %p %v / %V# - %d#";

Then after `aptitude update` run `aptitude search "~U"` and your
output will be something like:

# aptitude search "~U"
i A cpp                  4:4.2.1-6  / 4:4.2.2-2  - The GNU Cpreprocessor (cpp)
                          ^ Cur          ^ New

--
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they