Re: No printer in OOo

Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:33:01 +0000 keltezéssel Tzafrir Cohen azt írta:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:53:13PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
>> 2008/2/4, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com>:
>> > On Debian etch, OOo2.3 was first installed, then a printer was added
>> > to the system. All programs can print, except OOo. In OOo, the only
>> > print listed is Generic Printer, and trying to print to it does not
>> > make a job appear in the KDE Print Jobs dialog. Needless to say,
>> > nothing printsץ OOo gives no errors, apparently OOo thinks that it
>> > printed. What must I check? Thanks in advance.

Have you installed the following packages?

hpijs
hplip
hplip-data
foomatic-filters
foomatic-filters-ppds
cups-pdf
cupsys
cupsys-bsd
cupsys-client
cupsys-driver-gutenprint
cupsys-pt

Maybe  you don't need these all above listed.

Check your printer! Is it supported by GNU/Linux system?
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO/printers.html

> I thought that part of the Linux integration got rid of the need to use
> spadmin. I don't recall configuring anything special with it. It has
> just used my existing cups configuration.

I agree with that.

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi