Re: how to read http mails in mutt mail reader (vim)?

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 05:33:45PM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 08:40:12AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 07:31:53PM +1100, hce wrote:
> > > I've just installed mutt in Debian, one problem is there are some
> > > mails from news lists with HTTP format, it was fine when I use Mozilla
> > > mail reader, but with mutt and vim, I could not read the HTTP format
> > > mails. One solution I can think of is to use lynx, but I don't know
> > > how to config mutt with lynx. How do you handle this issue?
> >
> > If you mean HTML, there was a post to Planet Debian on this subject
> > just yesterday:
>
> I think the OP means HTTP links, i.e. URLs in mails.
>
> Since you're on Debian, I'd suggest apt-get install urlview and add
> the urlview and add the config to your muttrc like the one in present
> in /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/sample.muttrc.gz, which is:
>
> macro index \cb "<pipe-message> urlview<Enter>"	# simulate the old browse-url function

I don't think this is necessary. My /etc/Muttrc already contains this:

# simulate the old url menu
macro index,pager,attach,compose \cb "\
<enter-command> set my_pipe_decode=\$pipe_decode pipe_decode<Enter>\
<pipe-message> urlview<Enter>\
<enter-command> set pipe_decode=\$my_pipe_decode; unset my_pipe_decode<Enter>" \
"call urlview to extract URLs out of a message"

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)