Re: Telnet/SSH Terminal Help

Jeff Grossman <jeff@stikman.com>:
> > Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

> >> What about TERM=screen ?
>
>  Where should I put the 'export LC_ALL=C' command so it is always done for
>  each login and for each user?  The /etc/bash.bashrc file?

/etc/profile is the usual place, but are you sure you want to do that?
That would have no effect here because I clobber whatever the system
gives me in my own startup scripts.

btw, defining LC_ALL=C is heavy-handed overkill.  Better would be
LANG.  I also set LC_COLLATE=C.  Here's what I end up with:

(0) heretic /home/keeling_ locale
LANG=en_US.iso885915
LC_CTYPE="en_US.iso885915"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.iso885915"