questions about compiz

Hello all,

I've experimented with compiz a bit and had limited success.  I have
some questions that I hope can be answered here.

1. Can compiz be run on its own?
2.  Can it be configure with hot keys for
starting applications similar to Openbox?

3.  I started compiz and had a running xterm.  However there were no
window decorations.  The terminal where X was started from reported
"couldn't load ccp plugin".  Compiz seems to be partially running.
Alt-mousewheel will make the current window transparent.  However,
nothing else seems to work (e.g ctrl-alt-<arrows>).  What is the ccp
plugin and why is it not loading?

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime 15 days