Re: GLIBC_2.4

I am not sure I get the point of those of you who are
against having PATH=~/bin:$PATH. The PATH is just a
way to make life easier. If an executable can be run,
then it  doesn't have to be in your PATH to be run.
As someone said before, you usually have in ~/bin
programs which are not available system-wide.
Logically, if you have them here, you want to run
them. Thus having PATH=~/bin:$PATH is not such a
non-sense.
As I've said above, the PATH is meant to make life easier.