Re: Can't upgrade to xserver-xorg, help!

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 05:08:31PM +0300, Emre Sevinc wrote:
> In addition to my previous message which included very detailed output of the actions you requested, I've just tried another thing, change the repository to:
>
> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list | grep -v '#'
> deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
>
> Then did an aptitude update and then tried aptitude dist-upgrade (at least this one doesn't tell me that it'll instal a K7 kernel image but its score is -1222, I don't know if I try this method, any ideas?):

aptitude will automatically pull-in the recommends packages, and will
result in more churning during this process. It will ultimately work
as well, but I'd stick with apt-get until you are all caught up, then
you can make the transistion to aptitude if you want.