Re: browser confusions

On 09/04/2007 02:22 AM, Bhasker C V wrote:
Hi,
On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 02:02 -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:
On 09/04/2007 01:28 AM, Bhasker C V wrote:
All,

There are multiple browsers in my system (Etch). Icescape
 firefox
 mozilla

 but what is the difference between these ? I can see that these are
sharing the information between each other (bookmarks etc.,)
 I am using opera for all my normal browsing but using icescape for my
banking related browsing. Among the once if there is a differnece, which
one is the most secure ?

please advice,

Since you didn't provide the version numbers for the applications you presented, I can only offer general advice.
The versions are iceape:
Iceape 1.0.8, Copyright (c) 2003-2006 mozilla.org, build 2007021704

Iceape is at 1.0.9 in Etch now--update.

firefox:
Mozilla Iceweasel 2.0.0.3, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2007 mozilla.org

Iceweasel is up to date.

Iceape and Firefox are split-offs from Mozilla. So long as you update your system regularly, Iceape will be the most secure.
I am not connected to internet always. How do i apply these updates
offline by downloading ?

I am also not always connected to the Internet. When I need to update, I connect to the Internet, perform my updates using aptitude, and disconnect from the Internet.

If you are suggesting that your computer cannot be connected to the Internet, you can use "apt-zip."

There is also no sin in downloading the updates manually using 'wget', moving them to the offline computer via CD-ROM, and installing them manually using 'dpkg -i'; just make sure you know what you're doing, and only install packages for your distribution and architecture.

But try "apt-zip" first.