Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 04:55:55AM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:

> The way to really improve our country is to keep the government out of
> just about everything.  Government has a role to play in the lives of
> its people, but that role isn't that of a nanny who creates citizenry
> dependent on government for everything in their lives.

Yup.  The government's roles should amount to:

 - defense (practially impossible to implement in a sane way on lower
   than a federal level)
 - roads (not necessary at the federal level, but the federal gov't does
   a good job at this; can be argued)

Practically everything else does not require and would be better off
without the federal government sticking their foot in.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez