Re: OT: sponge burning!

Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:00:43 -0500, Roberto wrote in message
> <[🔎] 20070226210043.GH1068@santiago.connexer.com>:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 11:38:59AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
>> >
>> > Name five American national-level politicians in your lifetime that
>> > had moral fortitude.  You can't get that far in US politics without
>> > being a scumbag.
>> >
>> Reagan, Colin Powell,
>
> ..these 2 served in war.

Though I think Reagan served more honorably as a union president and as a
soldier than as a politician (which pretty much destroyed his reputation
and permanently tainted his legacy; after he got elected to Governor of
California he stopped being honest about acting.  He should have won an
Oscar for Best Actor for his 1981-1989 role).

>> W (whatever you think of him, he *does* have moral
>> fortitude).
>
> ..huh???  This is Sissy Boy George, the Nepotist Warrior Ace who Flew So
> High and Far he Missed Vietnam and instead Scored 152 Kills on Texan
> death Row Inmates and Made Saddam a Martyr and a Victim of War Crime
> by Denying Saddam the POW his Article 90 Hearing.
>
> ..somebody care to offer the current definition of "moral fortitude" in
> case it changed since 9/11?

"It's the right thing to do if the contractor's shareholders profit."  I
deplore this political climate as well.