Re: 2.6.14-2-386, missing thermal.ko and initrd

On 2-jan-2007, at 11:48, Eddy Parris wrote:

Hi everyone and happy new year :)

Sometime over the weekend I had a power blip that shut ny debian sarge box down.
When i booted it this morning i found this lovely message:

Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ...
FATAL: Error inserting fan (/lib/modules/2.6.14-2-386/kernel/ drivers/acpi/fan.ko): No such device FATAL: Error inserting thermal (/lib/modules/2.6.14-2-386/kernel/ drivers/acpi/thermal.ko): No such device

<snip>
I think the problem is that when i did last update it, it updated the kernel and told me to reboot asap... ...which i probly just forgot about so when it has come back up it has not had an updated ram disk with these new drivers and cant boot. silly of me i know but its happened and i really need to get this
back up asap.
<snip>

You could simply select the last kernel version from before the update in grub/lilo during startup. If it's just the kernel upgrade, it should boot fine after that...

Peter