Re: Keyboard mess after upgrading

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:30:27PM +0200, Adrian Ribao wrote:
> I've got es_ES.utf-8
> but I think is not a probelm with locale definition.
> The only key that work are letters, the other ones, just a mess, most of
> them missing, and some changed. Ctrl and ALT not working either... well,
> it's very hard to work with the laptop, but I have no more computers. I'm
> gettin crazy, the xorg.conf server looks fine.
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "kbd"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "es"
> EndSection

with ctrl and alt not working, it'll be tough, but can you switch to a
vt?

chvt <a vt number, usually 1-6>

as root should switch you to that virtual terminal.

Then try out your keyboard in the vt. This eliminate (or not) the X
issue.

also, you could boot a live cd and see if the problem persists,
pointing then to a hardware problem.