Re: Dual head problems in Etch k7 kernel

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 03:04:38AM -0700, Dancing Fingers wrote:
> On Oct 17, 3:50 am, Sjoerd Hardeman <sjo...@lorentz.leidenuniv.nl>
> wrote:
> > Andrew Sackville-West schreef:
> >
> > > seems to suggest that the other output *may* be on a different
> > > BusID. This may be a difference between the two architectures. A look
> > > at lspci would help. it may be that in AMD64 the card shows up as one
> > > device and in the athlon it shows up as two.
> >

> > On my Athlon box this is the case. Although it is just one card, it has
> > two BusID's. Changing that will probably solve your problem.
> >

> I tried changing the bus id's on both heads without luck.  The curious
> thing is that if I Gnome Control Center>>Screen Resolution it  will
> pop up:
> The X Server does not support the XRandR extension.  Runtime
> resolution changes to the display size are not available.

I found this link:
http://blog.goukihq.org/2007/08/02/dual-head-configuration/

might apply.

Also, when I set up my dual head (separate cards) I used

Xorg -configure

as root (after moving /etc/X11/xorg.conf out of the way).

This setting probes all the hardware and sets up a barebones
xorg.conf. It got me pointed the right way for dual-head right away.

hth