Re: Installation Problem

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 09:15:27PM -0300, Marcello Barreto de Medeiros wrote:
> Hello Frank, hello Amit,
> 	i think the better way is to edit the /etc/apt/sources.list, and
> 	modify, if necessary, because you have to use the newest
> 	packages from updated mirrors.
The OP said he had Sarge cd, yes. It is good to point out that there is
a more recent stable release of Debian. But if the users has the cds and
the machine does not have internet access (as some small percentage of
users), then that may not be an option or what he wants. So, lets ask
him: Do you want to use your Sarge CDs (3.1)? do you want to use the
most recent stable version(Etch)? Does the machine have internet access?
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|