Re: Finding installed dependencies?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 01:55:05PM -0500, cothrige wrote:

> I have a feeling this is a dumb question.  It seems like something that
> should be relatively easy, but searching through man pages and google
> has not helped me so far.  Say I have a package, 'pkgx-1.0,' installed.
> Is there a way that I can list other installed packages which have that
> first one, i.e. 'pkgx-1.0', listed as a dependency?  I was trying to
> clean up some junk on my computer, and just would like a nice and easy
> way to find out what I have which is using one or another package.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Patrick
'debfoster' is a neat program to find cruft and remove it.
If pkgx is install and has dependencies a, b and c, then 'debfoster'
will show you this and ask you if you want to delete all of them. Read
the man pages and docs before you use it as its job is to remove stuff.
you can also just do 'apt-cache show pkgx' to see its dependencies

|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|