Re: websites incompatible with iceweasel

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
When I go to www.citicards.com using iceweasel 2.0.0.6 Debian Etch, I just get a blank page. I get the same result even with -safe-mode option. Is this a bug in iceweasel?
I was having similar problems with Firefox (upstream) when I had Flashblock installed and enabled. It would work OK without Flashblock, though, so I disabled it. I just tried again, however, with Flashblock enabled and it was working OK. Is it possible that you are blocking Flash, or Javascript, or something else that the page needs in order to operate correctly? I completely agree that web pages should be written so as not to require specific browsers. I also feel that major sites, like financial institutions should be written so as not to require things like Flash, or Java. Generic, non-browser-specific Javascript is available on every major browser, and most others as well, so it is hard to avoid. If you have it turned off, however, it could cause problems.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com