Re: Help buying Economic Printer

Agreed, dot matrix is probably cheaper than ink cartidges, depends on
your area probably though. I just wanted to add that if you try hard
enough you can get a printer 2nd hand (maybe for free) so just look
for cheap inks/ribbons.

Printers: avoid newer printers where the inks have a lot of
electronics attached to them (I would stay to year 2000 or earlier.)

Make sure it works under gutenprint/CUPS, that way you can make use of
the economy print modes which the printer manufacturer's driver does
not supply.

Check that it will feed non-standard paper, then you can use cheaper,
thinner paper (I use tracing paper of which I have tons to excess for
a lot of my printing in 180dpi B/W economy mode with an Epson PM-760C).
--
BOFH excuse #144:

Too few computrons available.