Re: disable saving persistent net rules

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:01:27 +0000, Kent Tong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I prevent udev from saving the MAC address of eth0 into the
> persistent net rules file? I am using Debian Etch.

I think you have to make sure that the interface is named reliably using
some other property. If I understand the persistent-net-generator.rules
in /etc/udev correctly, it will leave interfaces alone if a name has
already been set for them.

A brute force approach would be to comment out the following two lines
in /etc/udev/persistent-net-generator.rules:

KERNEL=="eth*|ath*|wlan*|ra*|sta*", DRIVERS=="?*",\
        IMPORT{program}="write_net_rules $attr{address}"

I am not sure if that is a good idea, though.

          Florian   |