Re: grub

On 05/31/07 08:42, bobsetch@comcast.net wrote:
I'm still a linux newbie and I've gone from bad to worst. I used

You might be too newbie for Debian. Ubuntu might be more your speed, until you become more experienced.

to have a working etch system but in an attempt to get my printer
working I reinstalled etch several times

That's the Microsoft mentality. Hardware issues (upgrading or breakage) should be the *only* reason you *ever* reinstall.

                                         and when it reboots it
comes up in grub instead of the gnome desktop. Any ideas out
there?

It's *supposed* to start in grub.  That's the bootloader.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA