Re: Compaq R1500H UPS with Debian?

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 09:44 +0100, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any success using Compaq R1500H UPS with Debian?
> Information on the internet suggests that you can connect it to the
> computer using a serial cable, but I cannot find any information about
> management software for Linux for this UPS..

Most UPS with serial capacity use a very simple set of signals, most of
which are implemented in NUT.

greg@princess:~ [0] $ apt-cache search nut battery
genpower - Monitor UPS and handle line power failures
nut - The core system of the nut - Network UPS Tools
nut-cgi - A web interface sub system for the nut - Network UPS Tools
nut-dev - Development files for the nut - Network UPS Tools
nut-snmp - A meta SNMP Driver subsystem for the nut - Network UPS Tools
nut-usb - USB Drivers subsystem for the nut - Network UPS Tools
upsd - UPS Monitor Program via serial interface

Cheers.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05