Re: Where do you get beaver?

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 07:00:09AM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> I have installed minimal X on Etch Stable. Nicely working.
>
> Copy/paste from firefox and in to vi/jed doesn't seem to work, nor the
> other way round. So I wanted a small and nice X text editor which I
> can use as a medium to save the clipboard text and then paste in to
> vi/jed sessions and vice-versa.
>
> I had seen in DSL that there's a nice X editor beaver. So tried to
> install it but apt can't find beaver. On the beaver's website at
> sf.net, it's mentioned that it can be apt-get installed. I searched it
> on packages.debian.org and it is not available in any of the distros.
>
> I don't want to install a tarball, can someone tell me where to get a
> .deb or how to apt-get it?
>
> Regards,
> Deboo

I can't seem to find any traces of a deb even though the Beaver download
page[0] says that binaries exist for Ubuntu and Debian (It exists for
neither), but I'll definitely look into making you a good deb; I've been
looking for a small project I can maintain (And hopefully find a sponsor
and get into the repositories), and Beaver looks like just the right
fit.

I have appointments to keep this weekend, so if I get any work done it
will be on Sunday.

Feel free to keep in contact with me, my contacts are on my website[1]
or e-mail me off-list.

[0]http://www.nongnu.org/beaver/dloads/dloads.html
[1]http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/contact.php

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative