Re: Indic scripts in terminal

Masatran, R. Deepak wrote:
My 'LANG' is 'ta_IN.UTF-8'. I am on an up-to-date Debian Testing computer.

I am using Latin script, and Tamil script in Gnome Terminal. The display
gets slightly garbled around the Tamil text. I guess that this is because
Vim is aware of Unicode characters that combine together, but Gnome Terminal
is un-aware that when characters combine, they require as many cells as the
number of characters that have combined. How can I fix this?

I know this doesn't really answer your question directly, but could you try this on konsole (KDE terminal) and see if it helps you in any way?

My language is en_ca.utf-8 but I can type in indic scripts by switching the keyboard layout. The only problem I notice seems to be the accents on the top and bottom of characters in a couple of Indian languages.

->HS