[Fwd: Re: can you recommend any open source presentation tool?]

Tyler Smith wrote:

On 2007-05-17, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
Serena Cantor wrote in Article <[🔎] 371037.10735.qm@web35714.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
posted to gmane.linux.debian.user:

Which software is Linux's equivalence of M$'s PowerPoint?
Openoffice.org has Impress, which is probably what you're looking for. It's deprecating Powerpoint at this point.

That would be great news, but why do you have that impression?
Powerpoint is still the standard at my school and at any conferences I
have attended in the last year.

Not to mention most of the business community.  Most of the folks I deal with wouldn't know how to open an openoffice file.