Re: exporting a variable to global shells

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 01:10:41AM EDT, Alex Samad wrote:

<snip>

> what about something like this
>

> 		NL='
> '
> 		IFS=$NL
> 		set -- $(find "$IND" -regextype posix-egrep -type f -iregex ".*\.(ogg)"
> -printf "%P\n")
> 		unset IFS
>
> 		for x
> 		do
> 				dosomething with $x
> 		done
>

> or they could be available with $* or ${1,2,3,4,5}

IFS-based parsing is the way I might have been tempted to do it before I
ran into the array thing..  I never liked using IFS much .. so maybe
that's why I kinda like the array solution.  Economical since you just
add those outer parentheses and you're done.  Don't need a for loop or
anything .. But then some would say it breaks the rule of least surprise
.. it's cryptic .. etc.

Thanks,
cga